This Privacy Notice is for the Inside+Out Upstate NY website, operated by Mink Hollow Productions, LLC, (“Inside+Out Upstate NY,” “Inside+Out,” “we,” or “us”).
Inside+Out is committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
This Privacy Notice describes how we might use your information if you visit our website at https://insideandoutupstateny.com, insideoutupstateny.com, or any website we own or operate that links to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”).
Please read this privacy notice carefully. If you do not agree with all of its terms, please do not use the Site.
If you are a California resident, you can choose to opt out of data collection for the purpose of advertising and certain other communications. You can opt out by clicking here.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you visit the Site. For example, you might create a personal or business account on the Site, buy goods or services through the Site, or contact us for information about our services.
The personal information that we collect depends on how you interact with us and with the Site. We may collect information that you provide to us, including:
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- mailing addresses
- contact preferences
- contact data
- financial information, for example, to process payments
- other similar information
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This information does not reveal your identity, like your name or contact information does. It may include:
- device and usage information
- your IP address
- your browser
- your device name and characteristics
- your operating system
- language preferences
- referring URLs
- information about how and when you use our Site
- other technical information
We use this information to optimize the Site’s efficiency and security. We also use this information for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we collect information using cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect includes:
- IP address
- browser and operating system type and settings
- information about your activity in the Site such as pages viewed
- Location data
- Device data such as:
- hardware model
- device and application identification numbers
- Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier
You may be able to opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your “Location” setting on your device. Note, however, that if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
How We Use Information
We use personal information collected on the Site for a variety of business purposes. We process your personal information for these purposes, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- For general business purposes. We may use your information for data analysis, identifying usage trends, and improving our Site and the services we provide. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent, unless necessary to comply with law or protect our legal rights.
To send information to you. We may use your personal information to send you information about our services and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.To respond to inquiries or offer support. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
- To respond to inquiries or offer support. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
To request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of the Site or our services.
To post content. We may post content on our Site that contains personal information (e.g., names and titles of the individuals featured in an article).
To protect our Site. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails any time by emailing [email to be added] or contacting us through [online form link to be added].
When Do We Share Information
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Your Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Our Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet public security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Site over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. They will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates (“Affiliates”), in which case we will require those Affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products or services.
With Whom Do We Share Information
We only share and disclose your information with the following categories of third parties. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us at [email address to be added] or [contact form link to be added].
- Data analytics services as described below
- Data storage service providers
- Government entities
- Performance monitoring tools
- Site hosting service providers
- Security providers
- Other service providers for the Site and our services
The service providers we use have access to your information. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activity on our Site in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
We use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Site, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google’s privacy practices, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy.
We use Yoast and SpyFu for various online marketing activities, including search engine optimization and social media marketing. For more information on Yoast’s privacy practices, please visit https://yoast.com/privacy-policy/. For more information on SpyFu’s privacy practices, please see https://www.spyfu.com/privacypolicy.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
For further information on how we use, store and keep your personal data secure, please see our Privacy Notice.
This Cookie Notice is a legally binding agreement between you (“User”, “you” or “your”) and the operator of this Site, Mink Hollow Productions, LLC, (“Inside + Out Upstate NY,” “Inside + Out,” “we,” or “us”). If you do not agree with the terms of this agreement, do not accept this agreement and do not access and use the Site.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data stored in text files that are saved on your computer or other devices when websites are loaded into a browser. They are widely used to remember you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”).
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used during the course of your visit to the Site. They expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within our Site and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for you while visiting the Site.
Cookies may be set by the Site (“first-party cookies”) or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the Site (“third party cookies”). These third parties can recognize you when you visit our Site and also when you visit certain other Sites.
What Type of Cookies Do We Use?
- Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies allow us to offer you the best possible experience when accessing and navigating through our Site and using its features. For example, these cookies let us store your data if you apply for a job with us.
- Functionality cookies: Functionality cookies let us operate the Site in accordance with the choices you make. For example, we will remember your language preferences for the Site during future visits.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies enable us and third-party services to collect aggregated data for statistical purposes on how our visitors use the Site. These cookies do not contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to help us improve your user experience of the Site.
- Social media cookies: Third party cookies from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, etc) let us track social network users when they visit or use the Site, or share content, by using a tagging mechanism provided by those social networks. These cookies are also used for event tracking and remarketing purposes. Any data collected with these tags will be used in accordance with our and social networks’ privacy policies. We will not collect or share any personally identifiable information from the user.
Do We Use Web Beacons or Tracking Pixels?
If you opt in to receive emails from us, our emails may contain a “web beacon” (or “tracking pixel”) to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users and to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should read the email in plain text view or with images disabled.
What Are Your Cookie Options?
If you don’t want your browser to store any cookies, or if you want to remove certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit https://www.internetcookies.com.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features on the Site.
Changes And Amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Cookie Notice or its terms related to the Site at any time at our discretion. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page, post a notification on the main page of the Site. We may also notify you in other ways at our discretion, such as through the contact information you have provided.
An updated version of this Cookie Notice will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Cookie Notice unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the Site after the effective date of the revised Cookie Notice (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes.
Acceptance of This Cookie Notice
You acknowledge that you have read this Cookie Notice and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the Site you agree to be bound by this Cookie Notice. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Cookie Notice, you are not authorized to access or use the Site.
Controls For Do-Not-Track Features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate. We do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
International Data Transfers
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK), then the countries where we process your information may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your own country.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice. In general, we keep your personal information for at least seven (7) years to comply with applicable laws, including tax laws. We may retain your personal information for longer in the event of a litigation hold, as deemed necessary to protect our legal interests, or as otherwise required by law.
When we no longer have a business need to store your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will store your personal information securely and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
No Information From Minors
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
European and UK Privacy Rights
In some regions (like the EEA and UK) you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please email us [email protected] or use our contact form. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/items/612080
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Site.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
Under California law, users of this Site who are California residents may request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
CCPA Privacy Notice
The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as: (1) every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose. All other individuals are defined as “non-residents.” If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of personal information in the past twelve (12) months:
WHAT WE DO COLLECT
- Category: Identifiers
- Examples: Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name.
- Category: Personal information categories listed in the California Consumer Records statute
- Examples: Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information.
- Category: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Examples: Gender and date of birth.
- Category: Commercial information
- Examples: Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information.
- Category: Internet or other similar network activity
- Examples: Browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements.
- Category: Geolocation data
- Examples: Device location
- Category: Inferences drawn from other personal information
- Examples: Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics
- Category: Professional or employment-related information
Examples: Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us
WHAT WE DO NOT COLLECT
- Category: Biometric information
- Examples: Fingerprints and voiceprints
- Category: Audio, electric, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Examples: Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities
- Category: Education information
- Examples: Student records and directory information
We may also collect other personal information outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participating in customer surveys or contests; and
- Receiving our services.
How do we use and share your personal information?
- Targeting cookies/Marketing cookies
More information about our data collection and sharing practices can be found in this privacy notice.
If you are using an authorized agent to exercise your right to opt out, we may deny a request if the authorized agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf.
Will your information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your personal information with our services providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your personal information for our own business purposes, such as improving our services and Site. This is not considered to be “selling” your personal data.
Inside + Out has disclosed the following categories of personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as contact details, like your real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name.
- Personal information, as defined in the California Consumer Records law, such as your name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as gender and date of birth.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements.
- Geolocation data, such as device location.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us.
The categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months can be found above, see “WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?”
Inside + Out has not sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. Inside + Out will not sell personal information belonging to website visitors, users, and other customers in the future.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request deletion of the data
You can ask for the deletion of your personal information. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by laws, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your personal information;
- the categories of personal information that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected personal information is used;
- whether we sell your personal information to third parties;
- the categories of personal information that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g., phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
You may object to the processing of your personal data.
You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
You may request to opt out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
Updates To This Notice
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
How to Review, Update or Delete Your Information
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email us at [email protected] or by visiting our contact form.