Raise a Toast to the Month of March with Magenta Dreams
Welcome to the month of March and many thanks to The Cocktail Architects for sharing the recipe for March’s Marvelous Mocktail–Magenta Dreams!
March signifies that a new season is dawning. Yes, you are now waking up to more hours of sunlight which means more opportunities to get outdoors and ramp up your energy levels. So, to keep your body energized, hydrated, and your mind clear, we’re sharing one of our favorite mocktails.
Magenta Dreams is made with the hibiscus flower, which contains high levels of vitamin C and antibacterial properties. This helps boost your immune system helping protect you from catching the flu or a cold (a bonus during this season). Also, as it’s non-alcohol, it’s perfect for children. We often make these for our little ones to enjoy a sophisticated artisan soda with less sugar than a regular fizzy drink. Thankfully with health and wellness on the rise, virgin drinks are extremely ‘hot’ on the menu right now.
Like a Virgin,
Sip for the very first time.
Like a virgin.
When your glass clinks next to mine
…. you know the rest. Cheers!
Magenta Dreams Mocktail Recipe
- Pour into a shaker or tall glass
- 1 oz Hibiscus – Rose Petal Syrup
- ¾ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- Water (plain or club soda)
- Stir and serve in Martini glasses
- Garnish: Seasonal Flower
Recipe for Hibiscus + Rose petal syrup:
- Take 1 cup of sugar to 1 cup of water, bring to a boil
- Add one tablespoon of dried hibiscus flower to 1 tbsp of dried rose petals.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let cool. Strain.
- Suitable for a month in your fridge.
- For those who want the alcoholic version, add 2 oz of Vodka or Gin.
- Purchase Hibiscus Rose Simple Syrup: If you don’t want to make the syrup from scratch, you can order it HERE.
- We also sell Cocktail Kits – check them out HERE
+ + +
if you want to learn how to make more mocktails in the comfort of your own home, check out our upcoming Virtual Classes
‘Like a Virgin’ details can be found on our site or book a class at eventbrite.
Cheers! The Cocktail Architect